If you live in the Edwardsville, IL area, you understand it can get hot during the summer months. Therefore, having an air conditioner that operates efficiently is important for homeowners. In fact, seasonal air conditioning maintenance is essential to keep your A/C unit performing well and to reduce the risk of breakdowns and costly repairs.
If you have not scheduled your HVAC tune-up, it is time to do so before the temperatures begin to climb. When you call to schedule your air conditioning maintenance, you need to question the heating and cooling company to ensure that the technicians cover all-important steps for a comprehensive maintenance appointment.
What should my air conditioning tune-up check?
While each situation is different, some common steps in the inspection phase of an air conditioning maintenance appointment include:
- Inspecting safety devices for proper operation
- Testing the thermostat
- Inspecting the condenser coil
- Inspect and tighten electrical wiring connections
- Cleaning and/or replacing the existing air filter
- Measuring the voltage and amperage of the blower motor
- Confirming correct return air and size
- Inspecting and testing contactors
- Cleaning and removing debris from the condenser coil
- Measuring the supply and return temperature differential
- Inspecting the fan blade
- Inspect the electrical disconnect box
- Inspect ductwork for leaks or energy loss
- Check fittings and lines with a refrigerant leak detector
- Check air conditioner for Time Delay Relay
- Inspect and check the compressor
- Inspect fittings for leakage
- Check service valves
The above list is not an exhaustive list; therefore, our technicians may also include other steps in the inspection phase of the AC tune-up.
What steps are included in an air conditioning tune-up?
After a thorough inspection of the A/C unit, our technicians perform a comprehensive tune-up to ensure the unit is operating efficiently. Furthermore, if we discover problems with the unit, we identify those problems and discuss them with the owner to determine how to proceed with HVAC repairs.
A tune-up may include the following steps:
- Thorough cleaning of the condenser coils to reduce wear and tear on the unit and increase efficiency
- Calibration of the thermostat
- Evaluate the condition of the blower belt and the performance of the blower motor
- Lubrication of all moving parts to reduce friction that can cause damage
- Assess amps and volts
- Clean or replace air filters
- Apply protective coating
- Evaluate the coolant level to ensure the level is correct
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections
Our Edwardsville, IL air conditioning maintenance technicians communicate with you about each step performed. We also explain any recommended repairs, including the price and reason for each recommendation. Call B & W Heating and Cooling to schedule seasonal maintenance and air conditioning tune-up for your A/C unit.