Homeowners in Bethalto, IL, enjoy the cool air that their air conditioning units provide. The only apprehension that they have is how much their electrical bill rises during the hottest months of the year. If you’re cautious about running your AC unit full-time, don’t worry. There are things you can do today to save on your home energy costs. You’ll be able to beat the heat and still have money in the bank!
Be Green and Save Green
Taking an active approach to being more energy-efficient pays off. It helps you save green by being green. Learning ways to cut back on expenses when it comes to cooling your home has its advantages. You’ll be able to save more cash for the other things you want to do to improve your home in the future.
Here are ten ways to save money on your summer’s AC bills:
- Invest in ceiling fans. They help the cool air circulate better.
- Have a home energy audit done by the utility company. You’ll be aware of the times of day when your energy usage increases and know what to do when it does.
- Upgrade your thermostat. It controls the air conditioner and its efficiency.
- Be mindful of the placement of your thermostat. Keep it out of the way of the hot sun because the heat causes it to kick on more frequently.
- Keep the blinds closed during the hottest hours of the day. It prevents the sunlight from heating the cool air.
- Have your AC serviced by a professional. They’ll inspect it to see if there is anything wrong with it.
- Turn off lights when you’re not using them. Light bulbs add heat to a space quickly.
- Turn off the AC when you leave the house. If you don’t have pets and no one else is home, deal with being uncomfortable for a few minutes by walking into a hot house after work.
- Have air conditioner problems fixed right away. It allows it to work more efficiently because it’s not trying to overcompensate for a part that isn’t working or a filter covered in dirt and allergens.
- Replace an AC unit that is ten years old or older. Look for a high-efficiency model that does the job well.
You have plenty of inspiration to go off of after reading this list. It gives you the incentive to be proactive about how you approach saving money on air conditioning costs. Try out a few of the tips listed here to see how they work for you. You’ll be surprised at how easy they are to implement.
Get Help Beating the Heat This Summer
B&W Heating & Cooling is your go-to Mitsubishi manufacturer. Contact us today for more ways to save energy in the summer. We have lots of tips that you can try to help make your home more energy-efficient.