HVAC Tips to Reduce Spring Allergens in Godfrey, IL
So, you want to know if there are some air quality tips you can apply to combat spring allergens, right? You’ve come to the right place because there are things you can do to improve the quality of the air you breathe indoors. Implementing a few HVAC tips can significantly help you avoid allergens commonly found in spring. Dust, pollen, and mold spores are no match for a well-informed homeowner who means business.
The following HVAC tips help reduce spring allergens:
• Invest in high-quality filters and change them often. There are several factors that determine how often you should change out your filters. The first is how clean your home is. The next is how clean you need it to be. Last but not least, the size of your residence plays a role in how often you’ll need to change out the filters. Every two to three months is standard unless you have pets because you’ll want to switch the filter out for a new one more often.
• Look for signs of mold on the AC unit. Fully examine all areas of the air conditioner. If you see mold on the coils or condenser, it’s due to excess moisture and humidity. It is recommended to request professional assistance in removing the potential health threat from the unit.
• Remove debris from outdoor units and clean around the area of indoor units routinely. Leaves, sticks, and bugs clog up hoses and vents. Spending time outdoors cleaning up the area at least once every few weeks helps. Dusting and vacuuming the area around indoor units weekly is ideal.
• Pay close attention to registers and return vents. Make it part of your weekly cleaning routine to dust them. If it’s hard for you to remember, set up an alert on your phone as a way to refresh your memory. Dusting these areas of your HVAC system prevents the build-up of dust, dirt, dander, and pollen.
• Schedule maintenance with a professional HVAC company to ensure the system you have works optimally. Before you turn on your AC unit for the first time each year, have it serviced by a Ruud specialist. Preventative maintenance keeps the air conditioner working better and longer. It also removes many of the spring allergens inside the home thanks to the new filter installation that takes place by the technician.
Eliminate many of the allergens that enter the home by following the advice given above. Contact a Godfrey, Illinois Ruud specialist to schedule maintenance on your AC today. The sooner you address spring allergens, the better chance you have of avoiding them.