Improve your Home’s Indoor Air Quality – and Your Health
You depend on your Edwardsville, Illinois home for a lot of things. It is your sanctuary from the outside world—a place to recharge and recover, a break from outdoor allergens and pollution. But the air you breathe might not be as clean as it could be.
The Problem with Poor Indoor Air Quality
If you’re dealing with persistent headaches, fatigue, itching/watery eyes, or trouble concentrating while in your home, you might have a problem with your indoor air quality (IAQ). Long-term exposure to low-quality air can lead to asthma and other chronic respiratory disorders, particularly among children or those with a weak immune system.
The causes of poor IAQ can be too little ventilation, too much ventilation (allowing outdoor contaminants in the house), temperature variations in your home, or high/low humidity. These causes can happen when your HVAC filters or ductwork is dirty.
How to Improve your Indoor Air Quality
You can take a proactive approach to your Indoor air quality in several ways:
- Clean and replace your heater/air conditioner filter regularly, at least every three to four months. If you have allergies or pets, you should change them more often
- Upgrade your filter to an electrostatic or HEPA-quality version. These will trap particles as small as .3 microns and are usually washable.
- Have your ductwork cleaned out by professionals like the skilled technicians at B&W Heating and Cooling. They use a pneumatic pressurized whip system to reach areas most people would miss, and a truck-mounted suction fan to remove the dust and debris.
- Keep your air cleaner by using a HEPA vacuum to reduce the amount of debris thrown into the air while you’re cleaning. You can also mop more and avoid using feather dusters that scatter the dirt and debris around.
- Utilize a high-quality air purifier system that will remove allergens, dirt, and other contamination directly from the air using a rated HEPA filter, activated carbon, UV lights, or even negative ions.
Improve your Edwardsville home air quality and start breathing the fresh, clean air that you deserve. Call on B&W Heating and Cooling for an appointment today!